Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop Services | Retail Licensing & Pricing
Remote Desktop Services: - is the capability of the Windows Server 2022 operating system to be able to provide connectivity to end users to be able to access Windows desktops and applications remotely including delivering individual virtualized applications, providing secure mobile and remote desktop access, and providing end users the ability to run their applications and desktops from the cloud. There are two type of RDS CAL:
RDS Device CAL: for every device that accesses your server, regardless of the number of users who use that device to access the server.
RDS User CAL: for every user who accesses the server to use services such as file storage or printing, regardless of the number of devices they use for that access.
Product Detail - Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop Services CAL
- Publisher : Microsoft
- Release Type : Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop Services CAL
- License Type : Retail version - Digital License
- Build Number : Not Required
- Product Name : RDS CAL (Client Access License) for Windows Server 2022
- Product version : RDS USER CAL & RDS Device CAL
- Delivery Method : Online Delivery (By Simple Text Email)
- Brand : Microsoft
- Language(s) : Not Required
- Media Format : 5x5 CAL License Number for activation (5x5 Text Key)
- Bit Version : Not Required
- Released Update : 08/18/2021
License your RDS deployment with client access licenses (CALs). Please refer to the RDS documentation page.
Buy Windows Server 2022 RDS CALs - USER & Device License
Read Me: All Listed Products are 100% Brand New & Genuine RDS CAL(Retail version, 5x5 CAL License) for Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop Environment. PayPal is the only acceptable payment method for both end safety and security. After receiving your payment we will issue a Retail version RDS USER/Device(as you paid for) CAL from Microsoft Licensing server. And all of them will be send by a simple text mail to your PayPal ID (your PayPal registered email address) within 5 to 30 minutes on US Business hour, otherwise delivery time could be 8 hour. Please read our and Microsoft terms & condition before your order: Sales T&C. Anything else don't hesitate to Contact Us!
Final Warning: Microsoft Software Assurance and Microsoft Dedicated Support not included on the sale. But we ensure you that, it's 100% brand new (never used before) & genuine "RDS-2022 User/Device CAL" for using on the Remote Desktop Licensing Manager to activate your remote device or user access connection license for the RDS Environment. If you are not Experienced User/IT professional with the basic knowledge about Remote Desktop Services licensing, please don't buy from us. Because no refund available (after issuing CAL from the Microsoft licensing server, there is no way to return). Please be sure & serious before your order & payment. Anything else, Contact Us.
Deploy and manage Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop Services Licensing & Client Access License
Install the RD Licensing role on Windows Server 2022:
Activate the license server:
Install RDS client access licenses on the Windows Server 2022 Remote Desktop license server:
Use the following information to install Remote Desktop Services client access licenses (CALs) on Your license server. Once the CALs are installed, the license server will issue them to users as appropriate.
Note: You need Internet connectivity on the computer running Remote Desktop Licensing Manager but not on the computer running the license server.
- On the license server (usually the first RD Connection Broker), open the Remote Desktop Licensing Manager.
- Right-click the License server RDS-SRV-01 (Your server name), and then click Install Licenses.
- In the Install Licenses Wizard, on the Welcome to the Install Licenses Wizard page, click Next.
- On the License Program page, select License Pack (Retail Purchase), and then click Next.
- Enter the 5x5 Retail license key (The license key you will receive from us after your purchase), click Add, and then click Next.
Click Finish, to complete installation of the licenses. The license server can now issue RDS CALs to clients that connect to a Remote Desktop Services deployment
Verify connectivity on Remote Desktop Licensing Manager?
To verify the functionality of the deployment, use Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) to connect to the remote host. The use of the license will be verified on the Remote Desktop license server.
- Verify client connectivity:
- To verify client connectivity in a session-based desktop deployment: Establish a client connection in a session-based desktop deployment using a valid license
- To verify client connectivity in a virtual machine-based desktop deployment: Establish a client connection in a virtual machine-based desktop deployment using a valid license.
Deploying Windows Server Remote Desktop Services on the Cloud?
The previous versions of Windows Server 2019 required you to bring in your own infrastructure for deploying it to the cloud. This caused reduced flexibility and scalability of Windows Server. However, the newest version (Windows Server 2022 RDS) offers RDS templates that can be deployed and installed directly to the Azure portal. Hence, Windows Server 2022 reaps from all of the benefits of Azure.
Additionally, RDS 2022 also supports hybrid deployments. The infrastructure roles can be deployed on Azure whole the host Virtual Machines (VMs) can be on-premises.
In the security arena, RDS 2022 has introduced the Azure Key Vault. You can manage certificates and use Azure SQL DB for high availability RD licensing.
RDS subscriptions are also now available through Cloud Solution Provider (CSP). This availability addresses customer needs and also makes desktop and app virtualization support more cost-effective. Since RDS subscriptions can directly be done through CSP, customers and partners do not have to acquire different licenses by going through multiple programs. Customers can hence enjoy a faster-licensing cycle as the CSP integrates with other Microsoft licenses like SQL Server, Office, and Windows Server.
Windows Server 2022 RDS integration and deployment help topics